Home
Equipment
What's New
Sample Testing
Parts & Service
Technical†Resources
Papers & Reports
Contact Us
Request Info/Quote




Knelson
E-Newsletter




Golden Band Resources Inc. Commissioning

On January 12, 2011, Golden Band Resources Incís 100% owned Jolu mill in northern Saskatchewan produced its first 15.9 kg gold bar by processing high-grade Bingo deposit ore body via the  Knelson  supplied gravity circuit of the mill. Golden Band Resources Inc. elected to install a Knelson KC-CD20 concentrator and an Acacia CS500 intensive leach reactor to efficiently recover gravity recoverable gold (GRG) from their ore.

The fully automated gravity circuit including PLC, MCC and wiring was custom designed and supplied to Golden Band Resources Inc. by Knelson to best meet the companyís needs and achieve its aggressive gold production targets for this project.

Knelsonís commissioning engineers were on-site to provide start-up assistance as well as classroom and hands-on training. The dedication shown by the site operators and company management to get the mill and the gravity circuit operational was truly inspirational and resulted in the first gold bar being produced in under 2 weeks. "Itís exciting to see that the gravity circuit produced approximately 500 troy ounces of gold within such a short period despite the challenges posed by commissioning a new circuit in extremely difficult weather conditions" said Ajay Sihota Knelsonís North American territory manager." The Jolu mill flowsheet is comprised of a Knelson-based gravity circuit and conventional carbon in pulp technology. The gravity concentration is achieved by treating a portion of the primary mill cyclone underflow stream via the Knelson concentrator. The Knelson tailings are returned to the mill discharge pump box, while the Knelson concentrate is further treated in the Consep Acacia CS500 intensive leach system to produce gold rich solution for direct electrowinning.

 


Share Your Knelson Experience
"Whilst working on an alluvial claim that incorporated a Knelson concentrator, I was impressed with its catch ratio. This was ultra fine beach gold and was contained in a sand that contained a high percentage of ilmenite and various other heavy minerals. The Knelson rejected these associated heavy minerals and retained an exceptional percentage of the ultra fine gold. I set up a set of gold catching tables and treated the discharge from Knelson. From this I was able to ascertain the catch rate for the Knelson was close to 98%. I did get a bonus one day when there was a major malfunction with the water pressure and eight hours production somehow got flushed out the discharge pipe, ultimately to be caught on the table. So it was a case of a gold recovery process over a 100 years old working in conjunction with a modern system. The Knelson got its 98% and I got the other 2% on the table. Truly a 100 percent recovery system." - Trevor Alty, Owner - Buller Gold Dredging, New Zealand ...more > >
Australasia | Africa | Canada | C.I.S. | Europe | Latin America | Middle East | USA
 
Back to top Copyright 1997-2011 Knelson (a corporate partnership) | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions